Sunday, November 4, 2007

Nearly Complete

I continued sewing through the week and the quilt top for Baby S is finished.

There were some problems with squaring up the blocks so don't look too close or you'll see where I made some mistakes. But overall, I'm really pleased with how it came out.

I wasn't going to add the friendship stars although I had already sewn them. I was afraid to cut the red border and end up with misaligned edges. But I decided that I didn't want to always see the quilt and remember that I didn't completely finish it. I'm glad that I ended up adding them; they came out just right and give the borders the pop they need.

I will add the backing sometime during the week and tie off the quilt. I am worried to "quilt" it because the top is wavy and I'm afraid there could be problems; tieing seems safer to me. *EDIT: I still haven't finished it, but now I'm considering sending it out to be free motion quilted instead of relying on myself to finish this quilt. I think it deserves to be quilted.

And this does seem pretty girly, so I am going to try and make another quilt in neutral or "boy" colors just in case. But I think that Baby S' mom wants this one anyway. ;)

No comments: