Thursday, November 22, 2007

More current projects

So now I'm working on a quilt for my youngest daughter, Isabella. It's just plain squares with appliquéd hearts. I did a machine buttonhole stitch around the inner heart, and a hand sewn running stitch around the outer. Since I'm not working from a pattern I'm at a bit of a roadblock with this one for now. It takes me time to figure out what I will do next.


I also found an old UFO from a lonng time ago. I had sewn these fabrics together with the intention of making a rail fence lap quilt, but then I decided to cut the blocks in half and move them around to make a different design. I came to another road block when I realized that my points weren't matching up in the middle. I stuffed it all away and never thought about it again until now. I think it's time to resurrect these blocks because I *really* love the fabrics.

No comments: