Thursday, November 8, 2007

My next project: Dresden Plate

I've decided that I want to make a Dresden Plate quilt for my queen size bed. I had tossed around the ideas of a Log Cabin but I just keep being drawn to the Dresden Plate pattern. I'm doing the Egg Money Quilts pattern with 20 blades to each plate. The cool thing is: I'm using only 10 fat quarters for all 400 blades. I measured and drafted everything and decided I could get 40 blades to 1 FQ. And one plate of 20 blades will only have 2 of each fabric. Yada yada yada, I'm going on and on with all the hodge podge in my brain, but it helps me to get it out so I can remember my methods later.

I had bought a few FQs about a year ago (everything was about a year ago since it's been about that long that I've been sewing) that I just really loved and was saving them for the perfect pattern. I think the Dresden Plate is what I was waiting for.

Tonight I am cutting the blades, a time consuming but simple task. I can't believe that when I'm finished I'll have 400+ of them! Perhaps I wont get all of them cut tonight, but definitely by the beginning of the weekend.


No comments: