Wednesday, November 28, 2007

String Pieced Quilt Finished

I finished this on Sunday night but I haven't had a chance to post it. I'm really happy with how it came out, although it is looking slightly more gold than I planned (maybe my hubby was right about the black/gold border!)

I decided last minute that I didn't like the fabric I chose for the backing, it was just kinda boring; and I didn't like the way my quilting stitches came out... so I improvised and made a faux backing. Instead of hand stitching the backing down after sewing on the prairie points, I cut away some of the real backing and then just made a new one and hand sewed it around the edges. I'm so much happier with it now.

I took it to work with me and my boss kind of decided that it needed to stay there for a week. :)

Anyway, here it is.

1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

what a beautiful quilt! the close up photo really shows the beautiful fabrics you used! i love the prairie points...ive always wanted to try that on a quilt, but havent had a chance. It really finishes the quilt nicely!
cheers~
lisajo