Sunday, November 11, 2007

Update: Dresden Plate

Tonight I finished all the cutting on the Dresden Plate blades. I wanted to see what one plate would look like so I sewed one and I'm so happy with it! My husband says the blades look like little neck ties. They are so cute.


I can't wait to get this all finished. It's very easy, but just many small steps and slightly time consuming. It's great that all the blades are cut because I can work on it when I just want to be at my sewing machine without thinking much.

I've wanted to do a Dresden Plate for a long time... I'm really really happy to finally be doing it.

I have 380 blades left to sew and then 19 plates left to complete. Once I'm done with all that I can cut my blocks and start the appliqué. I think I will do a small button hole stitch to attach the plates to the blocks.

No comments: