Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mmm. Jelly....... Roll, that is.

Well my goodness it has definitely been a while since I've updated this. Most of April I've been away from my sewing and quilting projects because I've been either sick or playing Mass Effect too much. But I realized I better get back into the swing of things... Dominic's baby shower is on the 5th and I've got to get that crib quilt and a few other things finished. I went to GNO on the 11th and finished the quilting on his quilt. Now all that is left is the backing and binding - I'll get that all done this weekend and post pictures as soon as I can.

Anyway, the sale at GNO was 20% off Jelly Rolls and Charm Packs. Yay! I bought my first Jelly Roll as soon as I saw the "Flutterby" fabrics. I love everything about them and I can't wait to see how they look worked into a quilt. If you ever wanted to define my personality with fabric, it would be with these prints. With the advice from the girls at the LQS I also picked up a couple of charm packs and the pattern, "Roll Out the Charm," a pattern that makes one throw and a tablecloth with the leftover pieces.

I'm making myself wait before starting on this one... but I feel it coming soon!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

mmm, I love those fabrics. I have several of the designers' fabrics from their other line in the brighter pinks and blues. So pretty!