Monday, December 24, 2007

A Real Mama's Purse: Thank you, Kaylee and Isabella, for the most adorable purse I'll ever make.

When Kaylee was 2 years old and Isabella was 1 we bought the cutest little corduroy dress that had a patchwork look and over-all type straps. I've held onto it waiting to find something to do with it and tonight it found it's new place. I sewed up the bottom, sewed box corners and top stitched around the sides and along the bottom edges. It has to be the cutest thing I've ever made and probably will ever make. (I know that this is only true because I have loved this little dress for so long). :)

It stands up by itself while it has stuff in it, but it's not that stiff since I didn't open it to add interfacing. I did cover a piece of cardboard to put in the bottom to make the bottom stiff. It works great. I love the zipper on the side, (it's definitely just for looks, but still a cute little thing) and the buttons and tags. It's obviously just a hand held purse, but I'm considering lengthening the straps. For now it's just perfect the way it is.

Here's the dress before:
Front


Back




**And here it is: A Real Mama's Purse**





No comments: