Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Heart Blocks Arrived Today!

I was at work when my husband called to tell me that a package came in the mail - the heart blocks have arrived! I got home and let Isabella open the package. Here's the photos I took of her thumbing through them and picking out her favorites. (Yes her shirt is spotty, but if you're a parent then you know that preschool is not conducive to tidy attire. Heh.)

Thank you Debby!!!





Some of her favorites...


I enjoyed looking at them, feeling them, and finding little hidden surprises (some of the blocks even have the names of the people that made them!) The seams are all so nicely pressed and all the pieces just so. I have the perfect white on white fabric to make up some more of these little cuties to make a good sized quilt for Isabella. :D

And finally....

"Let's see if this is my size..." she says as she tests out her soon-to-be-quilt. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you completely put me to shame!! I had no idea you were doing so much. I really wanted to do the bug jar exchange to make a quilt for my brother the exterminator, but I knew I just wouldn't have the time!

I love your quilts almost as much as the pictures of your kids.

SandyQuilts said...

Love the heart blocks. What is the battern. Darling little girl too.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how the kids want to be all over our stuff? I just started a quilt (it's been SOOO long since I've made a quilt) and the kids can't keep their hands (or feet) off of it. :o)

Thanks for your kind words earlier today. :o)

DebbyMc said...

Thanks for posting these photos, Lisa. They just warm my heart! I was hoping someone would get the blocks who really wanted them and I see that your baby girl will give them a loving home! Can't wait to see the hearts you add and then her finished quilt! Happy Valentine's Day!
Debby

Mary Ann said...

Aw, so cute!!! I'm so glad to see that you won Debby's giveaway!!! Your daughter looks so happy to have received those lovely hearts!!! All the best!

kimberly said...

Oh those are great!!! Your daughter is adorable too.