Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Apron Swap

So the apron for my partner in the Apron Swap was finished on Sunday and mailed yesterday. She should be getting it by Thursday at the latest. I hope she likes it! I used a Butterick pattern that was at times quite challenging to read. After just as much ripping as sewing it finally came out just right. I added a second pocket and some lace trim in a few places. The pattern called for a back strap between the shoulders in the back but they felt constrictive so I took them out. The straps don't seem to have any problems staying on so I hope my partner is okay with that.

In the end I forgot to take a real finished picture other then a half-way photo and one of my husband modeling it for me. At first he insisted that I was not to post it on my blog, but after begging him I think he feels okay about it now. ;) Perhaps my partner will take a picture and I can remove his incriminating photo.
























I also received my apron from Randi from Italy. It's so cute and very useful. I love the pattern and fabric. It has straps that criss cross over the back and then button on the sides. I'm thankful that Randy included multiple button holes so I could button the straps on the shortest length possible. The double pocket is great, and the front pocket has a couple of channels in it that are great for a marking tool, seam ripper, or rotary cutter. I had asked for an apron that I could wear while sewing because I'm always losing my tools!













4 comments:

Paula said...

I love the fabric you used on the apron you made. I'm not saying a word about the model, other than, "He's a good sport!" Great job!

BrendaLou said...

Lisa, you are so cute in your apron! (and so is your husband!). I like the curved pocket. TaTa

Sarah said...

The pic of your husband is too cute!! I love both aprons!

Beth said...

LOL Real men wear pink...& aprons!