Friday, May 30, 2008

Family Visit & Updates

Gabe's family came to visit over Memorial Day weekend from Southern California. We went to Sequoia Park and the zoo, the duck pond, and to see the new Indiana Jones movie (Ohh Shia! Be still my beating heart!). We wanted to go to the Kinetic Grand Championship but the weather was too cold for them. While at home we watched movies and played with the kids. It was a fun weekend.

Lydia chose the kind of bag she wants me to make for her. She chose this messenger bag pattern from McCalls. I was going to try and make it while they were here but didn't feel confident I would be able to turn it out under pressure! I promised to have it done within the month... keep your fingers crossed for me. ;)

I've made one top for Kaylee out of the Tutti Frutti fabric but it still needs some buttons and buttonholes. It came out really good I think but a little tight. I meant to make a size 7 and accidentally cut part of it out as a 6. I'm not sure if my abilities will allow me to make the next one bigger by just adjusting the seam allowances or not, so I might end up buying the pattern again. I bet I wont be able to get it for 99 cents this time. =/

I got my hair cut last week. I went from really long, to medium, to short with highlights. You can't see them all in this picture, but they are really caramelish-blonde.

No comments: