Friday, May 30, 2008

Doll Quilt Swap

I am very excited to say that I've joined the Doll Quilt Swap III with my About.com Quilting Forum friends. I've got my partner and have drawn her quilt out already. I made a practice block last night and will have to make a few adjustments before I really get started. This weekend I hope to get a majority of it done.

If you don't know what a Doll Quilt Swap is then I'll tell you. :) A doll quilt is just a little decorative quilt. The size specs for this swap are 20x20 or 16x20 max. You are assigned a partner to make a quilt for and then someone else is assigned to make one for you. It's all a secret of who is making who's quilt and lots of fun. The mailing deadline is at the end of June so it wont be too much longer before I get pictures of that put up here.

I can't share what it might look like until it's done, but I will say that it's going to be using a lot of prints, very colorful, maybe a little busy, and with some of what I call, modern bohemian flare. I hope my partner likes it! :)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

It sounds fabulous... I can't wait to see it! ;-)