Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pincushion Swap

I received my pincushion a little over a week ago and it's so cute and quite pink. My swap partner also included a pink fat quarter with pink daisies, what a sweetie! :) I really like the decorative stitching, and I like that it has a quilty look to it. Thanks so much Marlou!





I also finished the pincushion for my partner on Sunday. I had made the pink one initially but after reading my partners likes, I decided to make a different one; and I like it better. It's not quite as thick as I had hoped, the pins poke out the bottom of it so I really could use a little leather bottom but hopefully my swap partner doesn't mind. This was my first encounter with rick rack, and I think I'm hooked. I wasn't quite sure how to use it, or how to make it go round the corners, but it seemed to work well. Love the stuff. I see many colors of rick rack in my future. ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the pincushions!

I've tagged you.
Here’s the idea:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Have fun!
: )