Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Apron Swap

You may have seen the last Apron Swap I joined which resulted in some very cute and practical aprons. This time around the theme was all about embracing the holidays. Participants were allowed to choose a Thanksgiving or Christmas themed apron and my partner and me chose Christmas.

Sue from Arizona sent me a smock-type apron with big pockets and a tie that ties in just the right spot. It's got a lot of skinny-minny bias tape and I salute Sue for being such a pro at it. It's a really comfortable and cozy apron with little kitties playing with ornaments and I like it a lot. She also sent me a selection of chocolates - sweet!!




I made this curvy apron for Kathy in New York. The pattern didn't allow for a lining so I added it myself. It's *kind of* double sided but not really. The straps on the top are added a little strange. My boss and I brainstormed about how they could have gone on with a decorative button or something instead but hindsight is 20/20. I was cramming to finish it so I didn't have time to make any other adjustments. I really suggest this pattern. It's a great looking apron and the bias really isn't that bad.

1 comment:

BrendaLou said...

I love them! Both the one you made and the one you were given!!!! I'd love to see it in person.