Sunday, January 6, 2008

We painted the house....kind of...

We had a painting day yesterday and while the kids painted pictures my husband and I painted these little bird houses. Gabe's is a cabin (in the woods, desert? we really don't know) and mine is just a little house with a rose garden. I bought the little pieces to glue on but we did the detail painting on everything else. I like mine really crisp and finished looking and added sealer to give it a shiny look. Gabe likes a more rustic look and has a more matte effect. We are thinking of making a bunch of little houses and making a little town for the girls. A bank, store, post office, school, and of course, a record store and quilt shop. But shh! It's a secret. (And I only burnt myself once with the glue gun).

1 comment:

Quilting For Less said...

I absolutely love your birdhouses! They are SO CUTE! It sounds like you had a fun day painting the "house"!

Susan