Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tippy the Turtle: AKA "Mr. T"

Two prototypes and 1 month later I've finished the Turtle Cozy and he's been given away to his recipient as a first year anniversary present. I named him Mr. T but his new owner has named him Tippy. The coolest thing about this little guy is that his head and legs can all be tucked away inside his shell. His stomach shell is a flap that closes with velcro and opens to fit a rice/flax seed heating pad. Why does he have red on his head? Because he's supposed to resemble a Red Eared Slider ( a request from my co-worker). I hope to get a picture of him all tucked away.

This was a fun project, but one I can't see myself doing again soon. It was more work than I like to do because I'm pretty lazy. =D

1 comment:

Quilting For Less said...

I would not call you "lazy" after seeing Mr. T!! What a cute turtle and how unique that he all folds up and then with a rice pad! How cool is that!!
Susan